Friday, July 4, 2008

***Celebrating Independence***

Well, I should be in the shower preparing my cute lil ole self for a cookout, but here I sit! I've been peeling eggs and cooking baked beans, I felt I deserved a couple minutes of slackedness :D We are off to our friends' home later on for some fun, food and fireworks! Should prove to be a fun day, typically is with this bunch. We'll get the kids good and worn out and then maybe they'll sleep in tomorrow.....yeah, because that's worked so far this week!

Yesterday was too much fun! We managed to get our hike in the Smokies in. We found our way to Laurel Falls. The kids were such troopers! I was concerned we'd get a lot of complaining about tired feet and whatnot. Abbie wanted one of us to pick her up and carry her a couple of times, there wasn't any way I could manage that! I was doing good to keep up! This trip taught me that I am WAY behind on my exercising...I should have been able to do an easy trail with a lot less panting! But I digress! The falls were beautiful, we all had fun, and we were away from the TV for a good long spell! The kids said they want to go again sometime, so we have a map now that shows the easy trails, so I do believe we will attempt some more trails on weekends.

I really should go get showered now...so, where ever you are today, may you have a fabulous 4th!!!


2 comments:

Rock 'n Roll Momma© said...

i think we should do a multi-family attempt at an easy trail sometime. might be the perfect way to ease jonathan into the concept of hiking. cuz, you know, i don't see him liking anything about the le conte hike i did in the snow this past winter!

Angie said...

HEY! If you were home all morning, and the house was quiet -- you should have blogged.


Silly girl.


HEE -- and my word verification is "narfat" That make me crack up.