Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Back in the Saddle Again...

Did you think I'd quit blogging? Well, I can't really explain why I disappeared for as long as I did. I'd just come back here some nights thinking that I was going to blog, and just feel exhausted and uninspired to do so. BUT, I've kind of renewed some goals, and it seemed like when I was sharing them IN WRITING, I was doing better at sticking to them! So, here I go again!

I'm back on the weight loss bandwagon. Jeff and I are doing South Beach together at home for the eating portion of our weight loss. As scary as the number sounds, I'm on target to lose 100 pounds. No, I'm not crazy! I don't think...but it will put me down to a healthy weight and hopefully lessen the possibility of heart issues and whatnot that run in my family. Plus, it really bothers me that I have such a hard time keeping up with my kids! I get winded and out of breath, and they'd love it if I could keep going, but I have to hold them off til I can catch my breath and not feel faint.

Jeff and I have also joined the Biggest Looser competition at church. We will be weighing in with them once a week, and I started exercising with them last night. The Biggest Looser workout DVDs....WOW!!!!! My legs and hiney hurt BAD today....but in a good way, if that's possible! It will get better....I keep telling myself that!

We are trying to make other changes on the home front as well in the name of organization, school and eating healthier. I'll talk about those another day.

As far as the past couple of months...The holidays were wonderful. We had Thanksgiving with the Crandalls, Laura and I rocked the dinner...at least my family thought so :D We traveled to West Virgina before Christmas and had a great time there. We came home just in time for Jeff and I to see Trans Siberian Orchestra, they were PHENOMENAL!!!! Defiantly are going to save our pennies and go if they come again next year! We spent Christmas Eve and Christmas Day at home, and it was SO nice. The only thing to me that was missing was having our parents around. We'd like to keep this tradition alive, but I hope someday that 1 or both sets of our parents could be here.

Anyway...I need to get some supper in the oven and find the shower before I have to jet off to take my lil ballerina to her dance class. They are starting their recital routine tonight!

2 comments:

Rock 'n Roll Momma© said...

yay, she's ALIVE!!! wait, i knew that...but welcome back to the bloggin' world! it does feel good to get your goals written out for others to see, in hopes that it'll keep ya stuck to them a bit better :-)

Angie said...

Well....it's about time! :)