Well, a lot of things have been going on, the main thing being a scheme against my dad...which is why I haven't posted anything in awhile, because my Dad on occasion checks my blog and I couldn't have him read about our plans! Today was my Dad's 60th birthday...a decent milestone I figure! Jeff and I had considered running in town for the weekend to help celebrate, figuring that would be a fun weekend. Then my mom at about the same time started suggesting a trip up in the month of June. Dad is going to be gone to Ohio for retreats while at the same time my aunt and uncle are going to be gone to Europe! I think she was getting slightly panicky about taking care of things at the office as well as keeping an eye on things at Grandma's. Soooo, Jeff and I talked and we altered my plans a little so I could come up for about a week. Fast forward to today...we took the van last night and left it at our repair guy's place...Jeff wanted to get the timing belt changed before we drove up. Now, mom and I have done a pretty good job for the last two weeks of keeping all of this from my dad (including the party we are throwing tomorrow night!)...I nearly blew it when we went to pick up the van!!! I didn't want to let the whole day go by with out calling him and wishing him a happy birthday! I said something and I was SURE he was going to catch on...I guess I managed to save face pretty good there! We hit the road, pulled up the street and mom's out dumping trash and has us pull up in front of the house where he can't see. She had come out the front door (which they never do!) and sneak thru the house that way. We ushered the kids in the room first and he did a double take and got all giddy! It was totally cute!!!! He was thoroughly surprised!!! And now doesn't want to work tomorrow! HAAAA!!!!! He and mom went out to the Bass Pro Shop after dinner tonight and wants to take the kids on a 'field trip' there tomorrow. Can you just see it!?!??
Keep Jeff in your thoughts this weekend!!! He's all by his lonesome...'cept for tomorrow...he and a friend are going up to the mountains to hike and camp for the night! Pray safety over both of them....they'll have fun I know, there's just the whole...I'm not there and kind of freaked!!!
4 comments:
who's jeff camping with? i KNOW it ain't my hubby...hahahahaha!
I was going to make the EXACT same comment. Who's he hiking with????
Jeff went hiking with Ben Abbott...they hiked somewhere near 8 miles I think...he's sore, tired, and Jody even fed him tonight...I'm glad he's safe and being taken care of. I'm a sap, I think I'm ready to come how now :D
DANG! eight miles! i'm sore and tired just thinking about that ;-)
Post a Comment