Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Busy Bee

I'll warn you now, my brain has been pretty full for the past 5 days! I'm still up in Indiana and much has been going on! Some good, some frustrating...

First, surprising my dad was a BLAST!!!! Just getting into town without his knowing was monumental and so much fun to see him so giddy about it! And then the party on Friday...lots of longtime friends were able to be there, he seemed to really enjoy himself. I feel like it was successful! Now, to get this party off the ground, I had to 'hack' into my dad's emails so I knew who to contact. Many of the people I didn't even really know, but seemed to somehow be a part of his life. So, in the process of getting all of our ducks in a row, he was also flooded with birthday cards from all over, and we probably had a good 40 people come and go during the party. It was just so cool to see who came, and the things they had to say to him and the rest of the family. My dad has directly and indirectly impacted so many lives throughout his life, and I don't think he always knows how much those people appreciate him. So, I hope that in the next few grueling weeks he will reflect back on this past weekend and be encouraged that the people he has touched value him and all that he's done and is doing...I know I sure do!!!

Saturday was a 'Bike Run' fund-raiser for Power Ministries. Everyone met up pretty early, and let me just say I was so tired from the goings on on Friday...I did NOT want to get out of bed for this thing! Gotta say though, I am EVER so glad that I did!!! The way this event was set up, the bikers started out at a bike shop in New Albany, they paid like $15 to participate...leaving there they had a couple of stop points, and ended at a bike dealership about 20 minutes away, only they take a pretty scenic route to get there...the whole 'run' taking about 3 hours. It was stunning, yet very cool when I arrived...first thing I saw was the 30 or so bikes parked in the lot getting ready to ride for Power Ministries! The stunning part was probably 3/4 of the group were these big tough looking guys decked out in either leather or denim! Pretty much all of these guys are in this club called the Seed of Abraham, a Christian biker group. I guess in one's mind you have a certain vision of the type of people that 'work' with people with disabilities.
However, this group has done this particular event, as well as made appearances at our HIS Time ministry and been hands on with our participants! They are WONDERFUL!!! Anyway...it was supposed to have rained some on Saturday, but several of the bikers said they'd prayed the night before for a pretty day, and what do you know? The inclement weather took a last minute sweep north and missed us altogether! Dunno about your thoughts, but our God ROCKS!!!!

The service at my parents' church on Sunday is going to take a whole 'nother blog, because it was just amazing!!! I had to get a CD to hang on to that one! The visiting pastor for the day had everyone giggling, and had everyone on their knees, literal and figurative, by the end of the service.

So, now I've covered the good portions of the week thus far! Now on to some exciting topics...

2 comments:

Angie said...

Wow. I can't wait for some of the low points of the week. Other than being tired, it sounds wonderful.

Rock 'n Roll Momma© said...

let caleb know that javen finally figured out today how to make that face he's been teaching him. it was totally random!