Thursday, February 26, 2009

I LOVE this!!!!

I'm a member of sparkpeople.com, a weight loss community site....used for personal goal setting, journaling, keeping track of eating habits and exercise, etc. GREAT site, lots of good information. Today I got an email with the blog post of another member there that I LOVE!!! Had to share the wealth:

"No More Shopping Until Goal Weight!

Dear Plus-Size Clothing Store,

I'm sorry, but it's over between us. I realize that we've had a long and complex relationship throughout the years, and although you've seen me through many (size) changes, I feel it's for the best that we make a clean break.

For far too long, I've relied on you to outfit me for any occasion. I think my dependence upon you was born out of comfort -- I knew that I could always find something that would fit me, and for a time, it really didn't matter what that was.

Those times are over now. My closet is full of your fashions in every possible size. The things I have currently will be more than sufficient to sustain me through my weight loss, and I simply cannot justify spending any more money on clothing (especially when I have no intention of fitting into it a month or so later!)

Instead, I will be saving my money so that I can go on a *major* shopping spree once I hit my goal weight! Until then, I will wear what I have, and if I really truly *need* something, then I will buy it at a "regular" store.

It's been a good long run, but it's time for me to move on. "


I read this and got a little jazzed! I did some shopping after Christmas for myself, but I'm to a point now where I have what I need, more so in fact! I love to shop, I love to bargain hunt and get the most for my buck, and I like trying to overcome the challenge of finding cute clothes for my size. BUT, since I've been able to find a couple of things here and there that make me FEEL cute, I've gotten too comfortable with my 'big girl' clothes! In my head, and a tad vocally with a couple of my closest friends, I have made the commitment that I want to get OUT of the plus sizes by my anniversary! This year is J's and my 10th wedding anniversary, a pretty big milestone if I do say so! I want to knock his socks off with some sort of cute, or dare I say, sexy outfit for the occasion! And if I keep spending money on 'comfort clothes', I'm not going to have money to shop for SMALLER clothes!!!! OK...I've put it out there in writing!!!! I've gotta do it now!

2 comments:

Rock 'n Roll Momma© said...

ooh ooh, when you get to the point where you're not shopping in plus size stores anymore...then we can shop TOGETHER! in the same stores! i mean, we've always had old navy...but still. how cool is that?!

by the way, everyone at jonathan's work who is dieting...they're all jealous of him and how much he's lost. and the silly mook didn't even tell them WHAT diet he was on. he just told them what he can't have. they probably thing he's a total nut, lol.

Hilah said...

You go girl!!