It's been something like three years since I have blogged. I keep trying this madness, and I keep stopping! Should that be a sign? Perhaps! Do I have time for this? Maybe not! Do I have anything earth shattering to say??? Probably not! BUT...I'm going to muddle through and see if I don't become famous for my attempts!
I am a sleep deprived mother of three kiddos now!
Last year our youngest little man joined our busy family and has lit up our world! I have thoroughly loved watching big brother and big sister dote on him! I am usually tired, but I have loved every second of getting to snuggle a baby I don't have to give back! He's all mine! He turns 15 months this week, and in a few months he will probably have me hiding in a closet rocking back and forth with the prequel to the terrible 2's! This happens! And then he smiles and all is right with the world again! He is adorable, he is daring (be still my fragile heart!!!), he has this smile that melts your heart! I was hoping that his infancy would go kinda slow, and we'd get to enjoy it and soak up every moment. Oh man was I wrong!! His first year of life has absolutely FLOWN by! I just want to hang on to his sweetness a little while longer...before he grows up and leaves for college! *SIGH*
My big guy, my TWEEN, turned 12 a couple of months ago! That just blows my ever-loving mind!!! My brother was about this age as I was getting ready to graduate high school, and then I left for college. I don't know what to do with the emotions! It's all so very foreign to me! I just pray, a lot, that we don't damage his ego! He's either mad at one of us or crying and when I ask why this is so, it just makes it worse. Is there not an app for this on my smart phone??? You know, something like Shazam that will tell me why the flood gates burst...again??? Thankfully, at this stage of the game he has not yet lost his desire to love. Most moments are good and we can engage in conversation and he's kind and considerate and smart! Those moments far out weigh the pre-teen hormones! I'm going to hang on to these moments as long as I can, because I'm sure in a few days I'll just be "stupid"! Anyway...He's still into soccer, and has gotten really good at it this year! He picked basketball back up again about 3 years ago. It's not his strongest sport, but he has fun, and in our book...that's what counts! This year he decided to try a boys hip hop class with some of the other dance brothers. I never thought I would see the day that he'd take some form of dance...and LIKE it! He had a great teacher that was amazing with the boys, engaging and patient and managed to get them to learn a really great routine for recital! I think he's going to take the class again! Now...tap...ballet...clogging...I don't know that he's willing to go that far!
And speaking of dance...we come to our middle lovely! She is 9 now, going on 18! She is still into dancing, only now she is competing, which means we are at the studio 4-6 days of the week. (With a little nugget in tow, this adds another interesting element to things!) It's a crazy schedule, but she LOVES it!!! She is also very good! She did her first solo this year, a huge deal, and I must say...she knocked it out of the auditorium!!! Our lil dancer is also reaching that pre-teen stage, and ohhhhh, the claws are starting to pop out y'all! Interesting doesn't even cover it! Sure, I was a pre-teen once too, I've been through puberty! I guess it's slightly different navigating the waters as an adolescent and navigating as a parent! Like her older brother, she has way more good days than not. She is my right hand girl, my little momma hen! I can count on her to take on little brother when I need a moment to potty or shower! She loves to read, she loves to create (our house is often covered in glitter!!!)...I can't even begin to imagine what she is going to do with herself when she grows up, I am anxious to find out! She may follow in her daddy's footsteps, as I am often finding homemade videos on my phone and Nexus of her and her dolls and dancing! I don't know that she meant them to be funny, but her dad and I are usually thoroughly amused by them! When she discovers that we see them she makes us swear that they won't end up on Facebook...so far I've complied!
We are still in the homeschooling adventure! Emphasis on adventure!!! Most days I can get one interested in learning and the other lamenting that his life is over. I think he keeps hoping that the technology will arise that will cause him to just POOF and be educated! God bless my children!
So...that is the short update (HA!!!). Our lives are full and exciting as you might be able to see! Crazy as it seems at times, I wouldn't change a thing!
Mostly :)
No comments:
Post a Comment